Natural Health Practitioners
Our natural health practitioners have been internationally trained to a very high standard and have been hand-picked by the Founder of Balanced Living to provide the highest quality of personalised care to our clients, whilst guiding and empowering you to make informed choices towards realising your innate health potential.
Dr. Poorna Menon
"I believe that for a 100 different cases of just one particular illness/disease, there are a 100 different nuanced pathways that have created the condition, no matter how minutely different - because each person is unique and with a complex make-up.
My role is to navigate this unique landscape holistically and to empower you to then be able to make the best decisions for yourselves in the management of your health."
Dr. Poorna Menon, ND (USA) is a board-certified licensed Naturopathic physician, who is a member of The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) and has a Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine from the prestigious Bastyr University, USA, one of the pioneering institutions in science-based natural medicine.
Prior to her career in Naturopathy, she worked in investment banking for 7 years, but a personal crisis led her to change professional trajectories to Naturopathic Medicine, which was in truer alignment with her mind, body, and spirit. Having extensive childhood exposure to Nature Cure and complementary/alternative forms of medicine, the shift was also a natural one. She is now dedicated to bringing health and wellness to others through the lens of Naturopathy.
In working with clients, Dr Menon uses both conventional diagnostic tools such as labs and a detailed history-taking of their case, combined with specialized biomedical testing and a nuanced analysis of their history & symptoms, in order to understand the factors contributing towards a person's "dis-ease". Addressing the root cause, in order for clients to experience sustained healing, is a Naturopathic principle at the forefront of her approach.
With a demonstrated ability to support clients in achieving their health & wellness goals, she has also been part of specialised groups caring for clients with chronic/complex illnesses, using multi-faceted, low-force approaches further to pharmaceuticals (ranging from diet, clinical nutrition & lifestyle management to counselling, homeopathy, herbs/botanical medicine, and nutraceuticals/supplements).
With her background in working with chronic and complex cases, she is grounded in supporting the synergetic balance of a client's mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing needs through the integration of Naturopathic modalities, a detailed study of the client's history, and a tailored approach.
She sees clients of all ages and with all health concerns and has special interests in the following:
• Men's health issues such as infertility, BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), acute & chronic prostatitis, Peyronie's disease, UTIs etc
• Women's health issues such as infertility, menstruation issues (dysmenorrhoea, amenorrhoea, menorrhagia), UTIs, menopause, endometriosis, PCOS etc
• Cardiovascular & Metabolic issues such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, metabolic syndrome, atrial fibrillation, palpitations etc
• Kidney issues such as kidney disease (CKD), IgA Nephropathy, polycystic kidney disease, kidney stones (nephrolithiasis) etc
• Autoimmunity such as SLE (Lupus), RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Graves Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) etc
• Digestive (and digestive-related) disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), Dysbiosis of the large and small bowels, Candida, acute & chronic infections (parasitic, fungal, bacterial and viral), acid reflux / GERD, fatty liver (hepatic steatosis, non alcoholic fatty liver disease), gall bladder conditions etc
• Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's, insomnia, migraines and other nervous system/neurological issues
• Allergies and Sensitivities such as food, environmental (mould/mold, histamine reactivity etc)
• Acute and chronic infections
• Preventative care to uplevel one's health in order to prevent the development of chronic illness
• Other chronic, complex conditions such as Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, and chronic fatigue
• Mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, schizophrenia, trauma-related disorders
She has worked with great focus in the mental health arena, running several programmes addressing the Management of Mental Health beyond the use of meds. Her approach in mental health is to lead clients on their journey of healing initially through their "Mind-Body" or psychophysiology, using a 'bottom up' approach (vs the more conventional 'top down' approaches that involve talk-based therapies). As a client's Mind-Body begins re-integrating and is able to recognize and experience safety/regulation in their Mind-Body, she weaves in top-down approaches so as to achieve holistic, sustainable, healing.
She does consultations either via Zoom, or in-person at the clinic, or house calls. For some Mind-Body sessions, she may suggest a consultation outdoors in Nature. She is available to see clients at Balanced Living on Monday, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Want to know more about Naturopathy? Read Dr Menon's article - here